We’re looking for a full-time junior to mid-weight graphic designer to join our buzzing agency team.
You’ll have a minimum of a year’s industry experience under your belt, preferably with a degree in Graphic Design, Vis Com or similar. Whilst we don’t expect you to have a vast portfolio, real-world agency experience alongside strong conceptual ideas and proven design skills are an absolute must.
Why join bbd?
We’re full service, which means we get to turn our hands to everything – across digital, social and print. We work with global, household names as well as some more boutique, specialist brands. Our team of planners, writers, developers and thinkers help create world-beating websites, ad campaigns and visual identities. All in-house. It’s a fantastic, growing team of like-minded creative bright sparks. Oh and we’re still proudly independent, as we have been since it all began (way back in the summer of ’61).
What can you expect?
This is an opportunity to take your career to the next level. You’ll have all the support and guidance you need along the way, of course, but you should be prepared to get your teeth into real work (and deadlines) from pretty much day one.
As a junior designer you’ll get to work on every kind of project that comes through the studio. We might ask you to ideate or visualise concepts for an ad campaign one day; lay out a 100-page corporate brochure; create GIF display banners in 10 languages; design an email newsletter or promo landing page; storyboard an animated explainer video; or come up with some logo ideas for a startup or rebrand. The list goes on. It’s varied, fast-paced, challenging and exciting.
We’re a tight team, so you’ll report directly to the joint Creative Directors – but you’ll also have the help, advice and backing of all our other designers, creatives, artworkers, copywriters and motion graphics specialists.
What we expect from you
- At least a year of real, studio experience
- A great team player but comfortable working on your own initiative
- Able to take, interrogate and interpret a brief to get the best out of it
- Not afraid of a deadline (or a post-deadline pub trip)
- Capable of researching, generating ideas and then scamping or mac’ing them up
- Good working knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite – particularly InDesign, Photoshop and Illustrator (After Effects/Premiere would be a bonus – but an interest in motion graphics and video is essential)
- Skills in Adobe XD / Sketch / Figma a definite bonus
- A sharp eye for detail and a willingness to learn
- Passionate about all things visual, graphical and digital
- Willingness to share new ideas and contribute to the overall agency culture
What you’ll get out of it
- Work across a diverse range of clients, projects and media – a guaranteed killer portfolio
- Learn from an incredibly knowledgeable, talented and experienced team – with all the support, advice and training you need to progress
- Be part of a friendly, inclusive and exciting agency culture in a buzzing, modern, light and airy workspace
- Earn a better-than-competitive salary with a host of perks like free parking, half-price gym membership and awesome parties twice a year
In return, we simply ask for your energy, ideas and commitment.
What are you waiting for? Send us your CV and portfolio now – the link is below…
A note on COVID-19
We have a big office in central Bournemouth and as a creative team, having people physically here is really important to us. So whilst we do have a flexible policy on WFH, where possible we like people to commit to regular (or full time) working in the office – mixing it up, socialising and feeding off each other’s energy.