At Bright Blue Day we have been delivering digital products and services for nearly 20 years. During this time we have delivered websites and applications, mobile apps and digital campaigns for large corporates, SMEs and charities and are rightly proud of the products we have created.
As an integral part of the development team you will be working with the aspects of the websites, web applications and mobile apps we create that users interact with. This includes content, user experience and the look and feel.
Additionally, you will be responsible for aiding in the administration and implementation of our support and maintenance function to ensure the on-going availability of our client’s digital assets.
You will sit within the Technical Team, reporting directly to the Technical Director and work alongside the Creative and Client Services Teams to ensure our solutions are usable, elegant and scalable experiences that align with the highly creative qualities Bright Blue Day is renowned for.
Responsibilities And Duties
You are familiar with Web CMS platforms, have an understanding of web technologies and have an exceptional eye for detail. You are excited about web trends and enthusiastic about the benefits afforded by technology to people in their everyday lives. A self starter, who is able to work within tight deadlines, across multiple projects and be able to communicate the technical details of a solution both verbally and in writing.
You have a demonstrable level of expertise in:
- At least one popular Web CMS
- Working knowledge of HTML(5) and CSS(3)
- Responsive Web Design principles and best practice
- Knowledge of at least one server-side templating language
- Popular browsers and browser development tools
- Adobe Photoshop or similar experience
Bonus points for the following:
- An understanding of user experience and user centered design
- An understanding web page optimisation strategies
- An understanding accessibility principles and best practice
- An understanding of Git and Subversion fundamentals
- Experience with relevant workflow management tools