We are looking for an experienced Creative Designer with After Effects skills to join our awesome team here at bbd.
Working across a hugely varied set of clients (including a number of super-brands), you’ll need a ‘can do’ attitude and an expansive skillset.
Here at bbd we’re all about the ideas. As a result you’ll get to stretch your conceptual muscle on everything from infographics to branding, motion graphics to multi-touch social, digital and OOH campaigns.
You’ll need to be able to take a project from the initial brief right through to completion – sometimes working on your own, sometimes as part of a project team.
You won’t be scared of a layout pad – drawing and scamping ideas is still our bread and butter – although you don’t have to be Picasso.
The ability to come up with engaging and creative copy headlines would be a distinct advantage, too.
As well as the ideas, you’ll have an eye for the finer detail – with a passion for crafting beautifully executed finished visuals.
A lot of what we produce here at bbd is video and animation-based. So we need someone who’s confident producing storyboards and narratives, along with the ability to bring them fully to life using After Effects.
It should go without saying that you need to ‘get’ digital – and understand where and how social media can add value.
If you have at least 4-6 years of experience – and a willingness to push yourself to produce work that is of a the very highest standard – then this fast-paced but hugely fulfilling role should be yours for the taking.
Skills & Competencies
You will have a great portfolio and proven expertise in:
- Coming up with great ideas that are well executed and followed through
- Drawing and scamping of concepts
- Adode Creative suite – Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign
- After Effects to a decent level
- Image retouching – not necessarily to ‘artwork’ standard, but high enough quality to get an idea across
- Great attention to detail
- Being proactive – not afraid to question a brief or suggest where a project can be improved or enhanced, not just taking an order to produce a deliverable
- Presenting your work both internally and to clients in an engaging and professional way
- Mucking in, setting an example and sharing your knowledge with the wider team
We are a small, close-knit creative team and you will report directly to the Creative Director. You will work both independently and with other members of the creative team – including copywriters, conceptual creatives and artworkers.
Negotiable based on experience, skill-set and how much you impress at the interview. If you’re the right person with the right skills – and can prove it – we’ll make you a great offer.