As a Creative at Bright Blue Day you are expected to be a conceptual ideas based creative with an “idea is king” attitude.
Great ideas are key to this role whether it be a full integrated campaign or a more design led project.
As well as coming up with ideas you will be required to take them from brief – delivering solutions of the highest quality both individually and as part of a team – to mac’d up well executed and designed visuals. You will need to get digital –
and will understand where and how social media can add value, be able to think video/animation and spot other areas where an idea can be extended and executed.
You are not scared of a layout pad and drawing and scamping of ideas is a pre-requisite – although you don’t have to be Picasso The ability to come up with engaging and creative headlines is also a distinct advantage.
You will have at least 4-6 years of industry experience, be able to thrive in a fast moving environment and push yourself to produce work that is of a the very highest standard.
Skills & Competencies
You have a demonstrable level of expertise in:
- Coming up with great ideas that are well executed and followed through.
- Drawing and scamping of ideas.
- The full Adode Creative suite – Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign.
- The retouching of imagery not necessarily to a finished standard but high
enough quality to get an idea across.
- Illustration skills would be an advantage.
- Attention to detail which will be second to none.
- Adding to and suggest where a project can be improved or added to – not just take an order to produce x.
- Keeping inspired and up-to-date with the latest going’s on in the creative industries and design world.
- Bonding and fusing with other departments so we are efficient, collaborative and working as a team.
- Presenting your work both internally and to clients in an engaging professional way.
- Helping, setting an example and sharing your knowledge to other members
of the team.
- Being involved in project teams, not only from a creative point of view, but also with an eye on financials and Client development.
We are a small close knit team and you will report to the Creative Director. You will work both independently on projects and with other members of the creative team – including copywriters, conceptual creatives and artworkers.
Negotiable based on experience and skillset and how much you impress at the interview. If you’re the right person with the right skills and can prove it, we will make the right offer!